Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Tumbling Table

If you heard about Webroot in the news, you can imagine how my Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning went. Six computers at my office were affected, but for a while I was terrified our server was infected. It was a long night and an early morning when one user called me at home at 6:05 AM to tell me she couldn't get into her computer. (I knew she was going to call, and had an answer ready for her.)  So I didn't get any sewing done on Monday night.

Last night, however, I sewed the last big chunks of the Tumbler quilt together. I need to add four more rows so it will hang over the ends of the table, but I can do that. I can also add a border. I'll have to think about it.

However when I got it on the table I just loved it so much more! The green glass bowl looks spectacular and the quilt looks appropriately "spring-y", or like Cherie said, "Easter Egg" like. And although the quilt is made of tumbler blocks, I think Cherie has named this quilt. Easter Egg. Or Easter something. Easter Basket maybe.

Any other ideas or suggestions?

12 comments:

Nancy J said...

" Grass Roots" ??? ( a take off on the green bowl ,the green in the tumbler blocks, and the Webroot problem that was solved) That looks spectacular with the green bowl, they both sparkle, so maybe instead, how about " All That Glitters" . So glad the problem was all sorted and you had answers right there.

The Selvage Fairy said...

It is soo happy-looking. Considering how dreary the weather has been around here the last few days, not to mention the length of our winters, that is the definition of spring.

Pat said...

It looks fantastic on the table. I don't think it needs a border; it is perfect on it's own. Except for the extra rows of course. :D

Linda Swanekamp said...

It looks so terrific in context on the table. It would make me smile every time I would walk in the kitchen.

Ann said...

Yes, such an Easter Egg feel. The yellows really set that green off. And the pinks, and... You get the idea. Lovely.

Robin said...

I immediately thought "Jelly Beans". I love all the bright, happy colors in this!

Tammy Hutchinson said...

I thought of Easter Gumdrops. I love the quilt on the table!

libris said...

Lovely! And I vote for no borders.

Unknown said...

Thinking about "Burst of Spring" with yellow daffodils, green grass etc. Makes one feel happy looking at it.

Shepherdess55 said...

Like Robin above, my first thought was "Jelly Beans". It is going to be a very pretty table quilt when done.

Unknown said...

Looks like an Egg-Dyeing Party to me .... Love it, and love how the green bowl (though not one of my fav colors) looks on it! (lynnstck[at]yahoo.com)

slgennut1@yahoo.com said...

haha, i have the same bowl. Guess I'd better make a quilt to show it off!