Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Green Barn, On the Ground


I was having a conversation with a friend over the weekend about how you just have to keep trying things to find what works. In the case of the photo above, the big fabric of the leaves on the right, was just too overpowering.

This green background looks better. You can see I'm working out the base of the barn.

Here I've got the bottom part of the barn worked out. It's not sewn to the background yet, but that's coming later. I solved the problem by making the ground NOT in Winter.


7 comments:

Nancy J said...

Yep, that ramp looks so good, and the trees fit in really well. All in the eye of the quilter, so to speak. I like the changes.

stitchinpenny said...

I love your concept on the ramp and even though I would have necer considered it it is perfect.

Unknown said...

The ramp looks great now that it is 3-d. Enjoying the progress and your thought process. My only suggestion would to make the barn door a grey/brown color, maybe a fabric that looks like wood but in a light shade. The blue color jumps out at me before I see the whole picture. Thank you for your daily posts as I have learned so much.

DKM said...

Looking good!

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

I like what you're doing with your barn and I agree with Margaret about the door color. I look forward to seeing it finished!

Millie said...

The blue door stays. It's the color of the real door.

Sandi said...

I like how you changed things up it is looking great!