Monday, October 3, 2016

Three Quarter Trials and Tribulations

The top half of Peppermint Candy is sewn together. The third quarter is sewn together. I'll start sewing the bottom quarter together tonight and hopefully I can finish this flimsy this week. Sometimes I get into a good book and can't put it down, so I don't sew. That's what happened last week.

Then on Sunday, after I had done the usual morning stuff, and set my bread to rise, I started into the studio only to hear everything go suddenly silent and the lights all went off. My neighborhood had lost electricity! The utility company indicated it could take as much as three hours for power to be restored. Fortunately I had a good book, and the power was only out an hour. As I watched the Americans win the Ryder Cup I sewed.



Here is a photo my son sent me last night. It's my new favorite. Gee, I wonder why? 

2 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Marvelous photo of your family!! Peppermint Twist is looking grand, too.

Liz said...

what absolutely stunning smiles they are all sporting !!