Friday, August 19, 2016

Soo Nipi Quilt Guild

.
I gave a talk yesterday to the Soo Nipi Quilt Guild in Newport NH. The ladies were great, and the room was terrific. The room was so big I was able to spread some quilts on the floor so the ladies could look at them more closely.

.Thanks, Verna, for taking these pictures. (I hope I got your name right.)

Susan and Candace held up some quilts as I was talking about them.
.
The Flight of Fancy quilt was a hit. The birds seem to tell their own stories, and inspire others. Everybody wants to know the story of the two upside down birds, but the stories of the birds I work with (the Cost Accountant, the A/P Clerk, the stylish VP of Finance and the Clemson fan CEO) as well as my friends Julie and Larry) seemed to be the most appealing.

I was almost sorry my bird tutorial is digital as several guild members approached me afterwards, eager to buy it. You can find it here. Click this link.

I had a wonderful time. Thanks, Soo Nipi Quilt Guild!



PS, still no Baby Tyler news.

3 comments:

The Selvage Fairy said...

And the flock grew, the SLUs floated out over the land, and it was good.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Glad you have photos - looks like it was a great place for a guild meeting!

Sharon said...

I think they must have loved your talk and your quilts - I wish I had been there too!