Wednesday, April 20, 2016

AQS Paducah

My quilt, The Black & White Crayons, entry # 4-1528 at AQS Paducah this week.


My quilt, Too Much Chicken, entry # 4-1214, also at AQS Paducah this week.

I can't remember the categories, Wall Quilts under 60" wide and possibly Modern Quilts, but with the numbers you ought to be able to locate them if you wish.

If you go to Paducah Kentucky this week and see my quilts, take a selfie with them and send it to me. Email it to patcherymenagerie AT gmail DOT com. If you want, send me your snail mail address, and I'll send you a postcard of the Crayons quilt (but only if I get a picture of you with it).

Tell me what you think. Here are some things to look for.

The Black and White Crayons has over 80 different fabrics, 60 different black and white, and about 10 different WOWs and 10 BOBs. Can you see the difference in the binding on the left and right sides of the quilt? Can you see how the different fabrics in each letter work to make the letter? Can you figure out what's common about the letters that straddle the divide?

Too Much Chicken has three foxes and several "jokes". Can you find the lazy A or the backwards S, and the drunken chicken? How many different fabrics did I use in the background? Can you figure out what happens to the Chicken words as you get to the bottom of the quilt?

Have fun looking for, and finding all the little things I have so much fun putting in.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

You KNOW I will be on the lookout for them!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats on getting TWO quilts into Paducah this year!! LOVE the crayon quilt, but I have to ask... WHY a chicken quilt??? LOL

Unknown said...

Is there a pattern available for your Bright Crayons quilt. I just got the Barn Quilts book and there it is. I'd love to make it'