Thursday, November 5, 2015

Comfort Quilt, Finished

 Chris said she unpacked the quilt, took one look at it and knew exactly how this quilt should be quilted. I adore the variegated black and white thread she used, and I love the quilting design.


I think I'm going to have to name this quilt "Over The Top"  because every aspect of this quilt goes over the top, and yet the quilt doesn't look like "too much."


So I added the binding,

turned it over, and started stitching it down.


taking photos every time the binding changed.

.
.

all the way around until I got back to the beginning.

 Julie likes the crumpled look.  Here you go, Julie!

Here's the finished quilt. I love it, and I know the recipient will too.

6 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Over the top and then some! Awesome -- this quilt WILL be loved.

Brenda said...

looks great!

Pat said...

Totally over the top. She will love it.

Nancy J said...

What a treasure, love that binding.

Sandi said...

It is definitely Over the Top comfort to a deserving girl. May it guide with warmth, love and support. Lovely gift.

LynneP said...

GREAT quilt! Love the scrappy binding.