Friday, July 3, 2015

Where Am I?

I am at Kathy's house, in Maine.

We looked at her "medium to little" quilts, some of which I have been threatening to steal.

Like this one.

And this one.

And this one.

 And this one.


Kathy has a lovely garden,

 which features the single largest Hosta I have ever seen, with leaves the size of dinner plates.

but the most astonishing feature of Kathy's garden is the back wall of the building next door, which the previous owners painted a warm red-orange.

 which transforms the building into a work of art, and the garden into a warm comfortable place.



6 comments:

Megan said...

Love the little quilts. Not as sure about looking at a bright orange wall though. LOL Have fun.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Quiltdivajulie said...

Sneak in one of those little quilts for me, please . . . they're glorious (as is that wall!).

Such a pretty house and garden . . . have fun!!

Pat said...

What a beautiful house and garden. I really 'get' why Kathy's quilts instill your urge to steal. :D They are really wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I love it now, but curious as to how it looks against the snow.

Mystic Quilter said...

Thanks to your break in Maine and this post I have now discovered a new blog to add to my list - love the
title Quilted Under The Influence. Love home, garden and especially quilts.

Purple Boots and Pigtails said...

Have a great vacation!