Sunday, December 21, 2014

Final Eight Pairs

Here are the final eight pairs of colors for the Rail Fence blocks.


I have one niece and one nephew. I promised each of them a quilt for when they graduate from high school. It will be a quilt they can use and abuse, nothing "arty" or too "precious." I've told them I'll make them each a quilt, and that I will choose the design, but they can choose the colors.  My nephew, who will graduate in June 2015, has chosen purple and orange. I think I will use this Rail Fence design in the quilt for him, and I think it will be spectacular in orange and purple. I've ordered some purples since my stash is a little deficient in that color. I'll get started on it after New Year's.

My niece will graduate in 2016, and has asked for sage green and lavender. I think I know what I'll do for her, but that will probably change.

3 comments:

Dee W said...

Hi, I make quilts for the grandkids when they graduate. I also let them choose color, I bought a magazine for a pattern I liked, then we chose one that was a freebie download! Fun time, they all liked them.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Glorious color pairings -- those graduation quilts will be appreciated SO much!!

Megan said...

I'm looking forward to watching your progress on the graduation quilts.

Megan
Sydney, Australia