Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving

When I tell people my life changed when I adopted a famous cat, they all look at me like I have three heads. I laugh. It's true. If it wasn't for Millie I wouldn't be quilting today. 

If I hadn't adopted Millie, I wouldn't have made 200 Gizzy quilts and sold them to cat lovers all over the world.

If it wasn't for Millie I wouldn't have a very special family of fairy oddkids in Maryland.

If it wasn't for Millie I would never have discovered Tonya and her free pieced letters.

If it wasn't for Millie I would never have met Julie and Chris, and made so many new friends.

Thank you Millie.

When my family sits down for dinner today, we will all say what we are thankful for. I will say that I am thankful for a 13 pound ball of fur who still, after eight years, refuses to sit in my lap.

The world is indeed a funny place.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Megan said...

Thank you Millie and Lynne for all the time and thought you put into your blogs.

I giggled to see that here the truth outs: Millie weighs 13 pounds. On her own blog, she's claiming a mere 10. Seems that women lie about their weight no matter what species they are! LOL

I hope you and your family have a very happy day together and that Millie, at the very least, deigns to come out from under the bed to say hullo to everyone, even if she won't sit on your lap.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Quilter Kathy said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Miss Millie and your families :)

Pat said...

Have a wonderful day. Don't forget Millie's beef. :-)

Quiltdivajulie said...

And I am thankful for you and Millie . . .

Just Ducky said...

Happy Thanksgiving and becuz of Millie and Gizzy quilts we know you both.