Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Birds! Birds!

That's Mrs Goodneedle on the right, who drove all the way from North Carolina to take my class at Quilted Threads. (OK, it was really to visit her mother, on the left, but still.) They two ladies had a great time.

 Karen wanted her bird to be reminiscent of a Cardinal. I would never have thought of using a striped fabric like that. Great job Karen!


I usually make bright birds, but this bird from subdued fabrics that Kathy made is absolutely stellar!

Margot shopped for "wingy fabric" during the lunch break, and made a fabulous bird.

This is Barb's bird. "Next time I make one of these," she said, "I'm going to put the bird legs closer to the bird breast. This guy looks like he could fall over." It's a good observation, and would be an easy fix on this pretty terrific bird.

Here's Ricia with her finished butterfly and bird.

Sarah worked hard to make sure her bird was absolutely perfect.

Everybody in the class worked hard and we all had fun.

5 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Mom and I did have a great time; and made some wonderful birds, butterflies, flowers and hearts... (as well as some pretty terrific memories)all thanks to YOU!

Quiltdivajulie said...

What a beautiful flock of birds and smiles!!

Love that striped wing on the cardinal -- so many fun ways to play with the color combinations and details...

Pat said...

Great looking birds. I really like that cardinal.

Quilter Kathy said...

Such amazing birds... each one is so different!

Anonymous said...

When I got home I fixed the bird legs. He is much happier now.

Barb