Friday, August 23, 2013

Rainbow Baby, Quilted

The rainbow baby quilt is back from being quilted. As soon as I spread it out on the bed, Millie lay on it.


She is enjoying entirely too much.


I asked my Mom if she saw the photos of the Sunburst Rainbow quilt.

"Are you KIDDING?" she said, "I have been watching that every day. It's GORGEOUS. That quilt HAS to come to me. I'M the only person who can really appreciate that quilt..."

She did allow that she wasn't quite sure about the backing. "Well," I said, "I didn't want it to be TOO bright. I mean, I have an all-red quilt, and there aren't many people who can handle that..."

"I'M one of them," my Mom said, "I love that red quilt.  I can take a bright quilt like that..."



I love my Mother. Really and truly. She so totally rocks. If you're an oddball, and you've known you're an oddball your whole live through, it's so wonderful to have somebody like that in your corner. If Mom wants the quilt, Mom is gonna get the quilt.

With a bright backing.

7 comments:

Susan R said...

No one better to "Have your back". You both Rock!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

HOORAY for BOTH of you!

Love the rainbow baby quilt and I am SO happy your mom wants the bright rainbow sunburst . . . it is awesome (and so are you and she)!

joe tulips said...

I have been watching and love how this turned out different from the beginning. It seemed to become "perfect"
Lucky Mom! and lucky Millie testing out the baby quilt!

Poppy Q said...

That quilt looks lovely and glad to see you are adding your fur Miss M. Enjoy your weekend ladies.

Just Ducky said...

I could handle that quilt too. I love bright colors!

Millie is just doing her QA on the baby quilt.

Mary K said...

Love the baby quilt. I think Millie is related to my QA kitty MaryJane. She does the same thing. Millie is so darn cute too!

Megan said...

Fabulous cat, fabulous mom. You've chosen your family well.

Megan
Sydney, Australia