Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Hole In One


Some of you know how much I love to watch tennis. During long matches, one always hears that the winner will be the one who "wants it more." This is balderdash. Both players want it. The winner will be the one who prepared himself well beforehand. He or she will be the one who did whatever was needed to ensure a good result.

I like to make quilts that "knock it out of the park," that "blow people away," or are thought to be "awesome."  You don't get a quilt like that if you settle for less. I want this quilt to be a knockout. If that means I have to remove something and do it over (and over and over), then that's what I have to do.

3 comments:

Clare said...

Miss Perfectionist! Though I do agree with you. Wasn't the US Open Final amazing. So glad Murray won.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Excellent post - well said!

Anonymous said...

totally agree , if my quilts don't get ahs and oh's at show and tell , I think I haven't done them right !
but the effort here....puts me to shame , amazing the attention to detail, love seeing how you think, thanks for sharing , Bonnie in VA