Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What The Camera Sees

This photo was taken with my digital camera.
This one was taken with my iPhone, in the same lighting situation.

Interesting, isn't it?  The truer colors are on the top, but the bottom one really shows the contrast between the cream background and the pure white diamonds that will be coming out of the box.

Now even though I told you yesterday that I didn't mind not knowing how this is going to turn out, somebody ought to whack me upside the head from time to time. I really don't mean to sound like a pompous ass.  Frankly, it really pisses me off when I don't know what the hell I'm doing. I hate not knowing.

I think of that damned semicircle, and how the hell am I going to fit all those pieces together without sewing into any corners. How the hell am I going to join the letters together? I'm coming to the conclusion that I might just sew one giant curved seam and be done with it. (It's not like I don't know how.)  And then, what do I do with the NEXT line... "you have to start." Is that going to be in a semicircle too, (but upside down, so the black box is in the center) ?? And then what do I do with the start of the quote, "Before you can think..."


Crap, I have no clue. I'm going to bed.




PS, Judy, I am so sorry I got your name wrong.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

I love it when you're honest with us. :)

But I know you'll figure something out, eventually. I have faith in you.

Judy in Michigan said...

No problem about the name - I'm just glad you answered my question. I didn't think you sounded pompous - it's a good thing to have an idea and then figure a way to do it and/or get out of a fix (ie - get out of the box!) I think the beginning of the quote would be straight in the upper left with the hat in the center and the words around (yes, another semi-circle) it. You'll figure it out. Something like wedges and then a big melon shape in the center.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Reality check -- but seriously, from struggle comes greatness so take a deep breath and keep on going! You'll figure it out, one seam at a time. Excitement, exhilaration, difficulties, and "terror" - all mixed together . . . powerful combination!