Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Sidetracked

I've chosen the backing fabric for my Four Seasons quilt. I found it over at eQuilter. I wanted something flowery and leafy, and light.  The larger flowers are over 3" across, so I think it will be just the ticket.

Otherwise, though, I've been sidetracked by the Haftas.  You know, I "hafta" do this and I "hafta" do that...

I had to take the Christmas decorations down and put them away. (I finally got accepted into the local Freecycle group, and while nobody wanted a sewing machine that didn't work, it only took two hours for somebody to freecycle my large artificial Christmas tree.)

After that I had to clean the house and vacuum, do the laundry, fold it, put it all away; do the groceries, clean the bathroom, etc., etc.

I still "hafta" balance the checkbook and then I should be able to -finally- get into the sewing studio and finish up the flimsy for my Four Seasons Quilt.

Julie has got a terrific idea planned - she's making barns instead of houses, and it looks to be a very exciting project.

6 comments:

Susan said...

You're hafta list sounds very much like mine! I'm more than ready to settle back into my "normal" routine!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Sometimes the "haftas" really do need to be taken care of so the creative juices can flow freely.

(at least that's my excuse!)

Clare said...

I just hafta do a few things too before I can start my 2012 list.

That backing fabric is soooo gorgeous.

Happy New Year!

xx

Anonymous said...

That is a GORGEOUS piece of fabric.

The Selvage Fairy said...

That is a GORGEOUS piece of fabric.

Sj2b House of Books said...

Just love that fabric !