Thursday, December 1, 2011

Autumn Trees

I'm getting the hang of making these trees overlap. It's a little bit tricky.  You have to think of the tree as a big triangle (including the trunk and the ground below it) as one unit, and handle it very carefully because the edges are generally on the bias.

I started making trees overlap by making complete tree units and then chopping off what I didn't need, but now I'm getting a bit smarter -- see that green tree over on the right? It never started out as a complete tree!

I'll have the complete "House and Tree Along" after the beginning of the year. In the meantime, be thinking of what you want to do with your own private forest!

4 comments:

The Selvage Fairy said...

Love the kitty in the tree!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Wow, the overlapping adds an entire new dimension..pardon the pun..to the trees. Awesome look and very clever of you! Too too cute!

sawsan said...

Very nice houses and trees
What i like the most that u use the fewest pieaces of backgrounds.

Joyce said...

I love, love the overlapping trees! I must try them as soon as I get my next project done. It's not even started yet so it could be awhile...