Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dear Son, You Are Right

When I added this lady as the "I" in the word MISS, I thought she was perfect! Black and white with a red tomato-pincushion hat, I thought she did a terrific job of looking like the letter "I."

My son thought otherwise.She disappears, he said. You don't see her at all. She has to go.

I disagreed. "You're supposed to miss her."

"You don't even see she's there."

She, and the other letters with black backgrounds, went into the "In Progress" bin in my studio while I worked on the White Rules (which is now with Chris, to be quilted).

Since I hate empty blank walls, I dug out the black letters the other day and put them up on the design wall.

Damn! The kid was right! She DOES disappear completely. I searched around for another lady as a replacement. After trying a few, I have settled on this one:

Stepping back, I think she looks a lot better.Dear Son, once again, you are right!


There.

I said it.

(hugs, Mom!)

3 comments:

Megan said...

Did it hurt much? LOL

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Camp Stanhope Happenings said...

I have enjoyed watching this quilt development. Our pastor has a great sense of humor, and this saying is one of HER mottos, too!

Anonymous said...

WOW! You are one power machine! I love the black behind the letters, great contrast!