Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Confession

I have a confession to make.

I am addicted to Basil.

I grow it in my container garden. This year, I have five tubs of it. Two of Genovese Basil, one Sweet Basil, one San Remo Basil and one of Thai Basil. When there are enough mature leaves, (about every week starting in mid-July,) I pick the leaves and make fresh Basil Pesto. I love it over pasta, in sauces, mixed with mayo on sandwiches... I freeze it in ice cube trays for use in the winter as an extra bit of seasoning in soups and spaghetti sauce. I give it away to my friends (who always rave about it afterward.)

It's why I didn't get any sewing done yesterday.


That's my story and I am sticking to it.




***Julie's quilt is being quilted! Woo Hoo! (Guess I better get started making the hanging sleeve and the binding!)

2 comments:

Deb C. said...

I could eat Basil on everything and be totally fine with it too. So much that when we got our puppy last year, we named him.....Basil, of course. And I love him so much, I could eat him up too (figuratively speaking).

sillyewe said...

Aaahahahahahha that is EXACTLY the same place I grow my basil. I love it.

I have had such fun perusing your blog today. It has been raining and I have spent quite some time going back in your archives. I am fascinated with the freehand letters. Neat neat stuff!