Tuesday, July 13, 2010

News and Duds

About a year ago I made a four-letter word block for Tonya. I made the word "Grow".

As you know, Tonya's got a book coming out about her method of making letters. You can read all about it here. (I might have a quilt in it.) Lots of other quilters made these four letter word blocks, and I was thrilled to discover mine was one of the ones on the quilt on the book's cover! Whee!

Tonya's letters have changed my quilting life. I -LOVE- making quilts with letters and words, and phrases. I've just finished a flimsy for Julie with words in it. It's a secret, so I can't show you, but here are the leftover duds that won't be in the quilt.
Don't worry, Julie. I've included another orange asterisk flower in the quilt to take the place of this one!

4 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

OMG, I'm so excited because my word is there too!!! Woo hoo :) By the way, I have another little stack of salvages and since you're the only one I know who uses them, do you want some more? I don't have a cute box like last time but maybe I can find something interesting ;) Cherie

PS Millie is such a lucky kitty...fresh nip two days in a row???

Quiltdivajulie said...

My "leap" is also on the cover - woo hoo!

And OH! do I have a surprise for you when you open the box that will be coming your way!

p.s. you can tuck that "dud" asterisk in with my quilt to keep it company on the journey to TN ...

Joyce said...

I probably don't need the book because I've done lots of her letters but I have pre-ordered it on Amazon anyway. Congrats on being on the cover!

Tonya Ricucci said...

wheee! I think things are looking good for the you know in the that thing... fingers crossed!