Thursday, June 24, 2010

"R" for Julie

As soon as I sewed up this "R" I knew I couldn't keep it secret from Julie.

I knew I wanted to use this fabric, but I wasn't quite sure how. As I moved it around, I thought I could take advantage of one of the curlicues for the descender in the letter "R". So I sewed it up that way, and as I was working, the solution for how the rest of the letter would be constructed revealed itself.

~~~~~~~~~~~

For anybody who knows how much I love to watch Tennis, the answer is "Yes," I was watching the marathon match at Wimbledon between American John Isner and the Frenchman, Nicolas Mahut. And I'll continue to watch later today when they resume playing.

6 comments:

Sherry said...

I jsut heard about the tennis unbelieveable. Thats amazing. Enjoy watching it. It will be sad to be the one not to win this game.

Quiltdivajulie said...

One for the record books, that is for sure! I cannot believe how exhausted they must have been when darkness fell!

R is awesome!!!

Joyce said...

That is an excellent R! I love how you have worked the pattern into the exact right places.

Teresa Rawson said...

Beautiful "R" - you are giving me the courage to start my letter project that I've been procrastinating on.

Yes, awesome tennis! I hope the winner has something left for the next round!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Rose Tinted View said...

I'm really interested in your work, you use patchwork in a whole new way to what I've seen before. I'm currently venturing in to the world of quilts, just hope one day I can reach the same standards as you. Keep up the good work.

Sharon said...

That is a beautiful R! I love how you used the fabric to really enhance the letter...it has the feel of an illuminated manuscript.

Awesome work you're doing on Julie's quilt. I can't wait to see the whole thing!