Friday, October 3, 2008

M-N-O-P

Here are the results of last night's work. There is no accident I stopped at "P." The upper case "Q" is really tricky, and I was getting tired.



No colors are repeated in the letters, except for the background. I have 26 different colors, and each letter is a different color.

The letters with the white background look really fresh and spring-y.
The letters with the black background look really avant-garde and arty.As you can see, my cat Millie is involved with the design process.I am planning on making this into a quilt version of a traditional "sampler" with all the letters, upper and lower case, and numbers. I plan to add my name and the date, and the name of the city where I live. I am also thinking about a house, since those are often depicted in samplers.

I have a feeling Millie might make an appearance as well.

5 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

love both the colorways and am just so excited about this project - I love your plan.

Browndirtcottage said...

i'm jealous cause you've been able to get some sewing done......great job with these letters...very good!

Clare said...

This is going to be one amazing quilt.

Twisted Quilts said...

I love your letters. I agree with you the black background looks very chic!

Magpie Sue said...

Oh, I think Millie absolutely needs to be part of your "sampler!"