Wednesday, October 1, 2008

F-G-H

I'm hoping these drawings will help me keep my lower case alphabet letters in scale with each other.I like this nifty little gridded notebook I bought at Barnes & Noble. Did you know you can get graph paper free on line? Go to this link: http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/ You can choose what size paper to print, how many squares per inch, and how much of a border you want. You can also find hexagons, triangles and other neat stuff.

Here is last night's work. I had a dentist appointment yesterday afternoon, so I left work early. Afterward, I wasn't much interested in eating, so I went into the sewing room and made letters F, G, and H.
In these photos, the blue F's are very easy to see against the black background. In real life, they are much darker. And on the capital F with black, I sewed a piece wrong side up. Sigh.




As you can probably see, I haven't been following my drawings at all. But I did work out how to sew up numbers...
Did I tell you I want to add numbers to my alphabet sampler quilt?

3 comments:

Clare said...

My letters are never even! I love the F.

Thanks for the link to the graph paper site.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Still liking the black background fabric... love what you're doing!

Tonya Ricucci said...

But that's a GREAT way to do it - graph the letters/numbers so that you understand how they go together, but then sew them however you want!