Saturday, August 9, 2008

Bag Lady

I love tote bags. (And so, apparently does my cat, Millie.)I made this little one as the "dressy one" to carry around on my recent trip. That's a pocket on the front, with piping around the white panel.
And isn't this lining fun? The bag is big enough for a packet of tissues, my glasses case, my thin wallet and my keys, a pen and a small notebook.

I made this smaller, skinnier bag first, but I wasn't too keen about it. As it turned out, it was perfect for my traveling wallet (a skinny number that only holds cash, my ID & credit and health insurance cards) and my train tickets. My iPod fit perfectly in the outer pocket. I could zip the front pocket closed but leave enough open for the earbud cables.
Both bags fit across my body, so that I could keep them on even on trips to the rest room.

1 comment:

Susan said...

What darling little bags and I love the red lining. Sort of like a business suit with red lacy underwear. =)