I've decided to make a "Nonchalant" quilt for my DGD as her no-batting, not quilted quilt. I want to use up the leftover Macnas blocks I have, so I counted how many I had, then went through my scraps of white fabrics with bright colors and cut Macnas sized blocks. I had to cut enough WOWs (about 400), so I did that. Over the last few days I have been sewing pairs together.
So far so good.
Then I ran out of white thread, so I got another spool of thread, threaded my machine and sat down for a power sewing session. I had about 50 pairs to sew.
After I was done, I started cutting them apart. Imagine my dismay when I saw this on one side of the blocks.All fifty of them!
No point in getting aggravated about it, so I got my seam ripper and ripped all the seams out, then rethreaded my machine, sewed a couple of test blocks and sewed those fifty pairs again.
Sigh.


8 comments:
Big sigh……..
I feel your pain,I had a quilt top that did that ,it stayed in the closet in time out for a while before I tackled completely redoing it, I am constantly looking on the back side now🤣
Worse than sewing miles without bobbin thread because these you think are all good.........big sigh, indeed!
Yep! It's happened to all of us. (Great quilt for a young girl, by the way!)
I've had that happen to me more than I'd like. You'd think it's harder to get the bobbin thread into the tension bits right, but noooooo...it's always the top tension that's goofing up. As Kathy said - worst than sewing with an empty bobbin!
Arrrrrgh ...
Well, dang it all, anyhow. My family knows not to come near me when I have a seam ripper in hand. Lol. Still, the quilt will be lovely 😍
I had this happen one time when I was sewing paper pieced blocks. Sewed about 16 blocks (with tiny stitches since it was paper pieced) before I discovered the issue. I think that's a project that's never gotten done.
Post a Comment