Page 1

▼

Monday, August 10, 2020

Yellow Ribbons

 As soon as I backed up and looked at this from across the studio, I liked the way the bland blenders made a waving shape up and down the quilt. I immediately wondered if they were getting TOO much attention. Should they be swapped with the big busy prints? Only one way to find out.

Starting at the right I began to shift the triangles. As soon as I had done two columns I knew this was better and that it was a layout I would sew together.

But OOPS, I saw a mistake (again!)

This is almost it. The layout is all set, but I am a bit concerned about the light streak in the middle and the slightly too heavy right side. But this is 95% there. I wasn't sure I'd EVER like these fabrics all together, but now I do.

 

THIS IS IT! And it has a name. Yellow Ribbons.

 

THIS, believe it or not, is a Zebras quilt. If you would like to make your own Zebra quilt, you can get my tutorial here, at my Etsy shop.


3 comments:

  1. I really like this one - the colors and the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Can you terr me about the bulldog clips with the strings? Is this to keep everything aligned vertically?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way this ended up and how you walked us through your creative process. Love the finish layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.