I have arthritis in the lumbar region of my spine. There is physical therapy in my future, and I'll have to exercise and stretch each day. If that doesn't work, I may get some pain injections. We'll see.
I've raised my work table so I can work pain free, and I've had to make other adjustments. It isn't the best news, but it could have been so much worse, so I am grateful.
I am working on the Black Rules quilt, and choosing fabrics for the big FUN.
Lots of us deal with it. Some days are better than others, but stretching is GOOD (in case you are tempted to skip it). Ergonomics takes on a whole new meaning now . . . you are NOT alone!
ReplyDeleteStretching is good. Very good. I keep on asking DH to rig up some hanging bars for me in our barn so I can stretch after a day at the machine and leaning over the cutting table.
ReplyDeleteI don't think it's the cutting so much as the piecing.
good luck with the physical therapy etc. pain sucks!
ReplyDeleteArthritis is horrible. I have it in my neck, hips, & thumb joints. Tried several different pain injections; cortisone shots, cervical epidurals (2) & Rysotomy (radio frequency injections to deaden nerves). None of them worked! :( Regular exercise does help and I have a little massager that sends electrical impulses that helps a lot. Voltaren Gel for the thumb joints really works. Good luck to you.
ReplyDelete