Page 1

Friday, May 4, 2018

All Matched Up!

Here are my light blocks matched up with the dark centers. I tried to pair a busy light print with a calmer dark print, and a calm light print with a busy dark one.

I did the same thing with the dark blocks, but I did not repeat any light/dark pair from the light blocks. I wanted them to be different.

Now I have to cut them apart. 

It's going to be interesting. There are 16 blocks in this quilt, and I have 16 fabrics. There are 8 prints in each block, and I don't like the same fabric in adjacent blocks to "touch" each other except diagonally.

2 comments:

  1. As always with your blocks, looking " Absolutely Fabulous ". I love the dark burgundy so much with a pale floral in the centre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhm, stupid question... Is the dark green with the big leaves calm or busy?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.