While I was sewing them up, I remembered a conversation I had with my friend a few days ago. "When you come down to visit next year," she said, "you're going to have to show me how to put in a zipper.""I may not be the best person to do that, " I explained. "Putting a zipper in a bag is a bit different than putting one in the back of a dress. Besides, I don't do them the way you're supposed to.
"I don't use a zipper foot, and I don't use pins."
My secret is blue.
I don't use pins either. I used a kind of tape as well. Less bulky and hold them in place just great!
ReplyDeleteI love, love, love the new red bags! But I love your Blue idea even better. I'm new to all this, besides having loved quilts forever, and am petrified I will make a mess of the measurements...this idea is wonderful, thanks so much.
ReplyDeleteEveryone has their own technique for doing zippers. Whatever works and looks good.
ReplyDeleteI use more blue tape in my sewing room than anyplace else in the house! I've never used it for zippers though...I'd love to see a tutorial on how you do it!
ReplyDelete