Monday, October 15, 2018

The Other End

I've sewn the central panel of the tree quilt together, and here it is on my dining room table. I also have named the quilt: Early Autumn.

I've moved all the blocks so the quilt is "upside down" from the way I have been working on it until now. I've removed the bottom-most row and set it aside so I have room to design the corresponding row at the other end of the quilt. I could have moved everything lower on the design wall, but I wanted to see it "right side up" and I didn't want to be working on a step stool all the time.

I have to make a lot more trees, and since I have new fabrics, I have to be careful to make sure the new fabrics don't look new or of out of place.

1 comment:

Julierose said...

I know just what you mean when you add "new" fabrics--it can be difficult to keep the "feel" of how a quilt is looking intact.. this is such a lovely project...hugs, Julierose