Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Close But No Cigar

I've got the right side column done, all the way to the bottom row (which isn't finished yet). Those pieces in the corners are just placeholders. I'm not at all convinced that left side row is ready to be sewn together... the four trees below the dark green tree with the busy leafy background look a bit monotonous...  OH LOOK... the top half of each of those rows contain overlapping trees, but neither bottom half does. That has to change. Maybe that will fix what bugs me.

And you know me. I can't leave well enough alone. Here I have shifted the bottom row to the floor so I can put the topmost row where it belongs so finally I can see the whole thing the way it might be.  I see a few things I may tinker with.

That should surprise nobody.

2 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Emailing you a sketch for the corners - feel free to use it or toss it. Happy tinkering!

Tradquilter said...

I've been following your blog for a while and love love love your work and process. I really love this quilt but think the upper left side might need something to draw your eye there. My eyes tend to look to the red and yellow trees and those with great texture but for some reason nothing pulls my eyes to that corner. Just a thought. I really think this quilt is fantastic and is very bold. I think your artistic instinct is right on.