Saturday, September 8, 2018

That Was Quick!

I brought the little Scrap Slab Quilt (henceforth to be called "Arrowheads") I made to Janet-Lee to be quilted. "This is darling," she said, holding it up. "Oh heck, I can do this right now."

"Really? Are you sure" I asked?

It was interesting to watch her get it all set up. She picked the thread color (which I always let her do), and then we picked a quilting design.

This is the back of the quilt, showing the quilting pattern.
 Usually when I have a quilt that's all straight lines, I like the quilting design to have a lot of curves. 


I found it interesting that the computer knew exactly where it was at all times, and the areas that had been stitched were a different color on the display than what was left to do.

Once it was all set up, the computer driven machine did its thing.

All told, it took less than an hour.



It's funny, because when I designed this little quilt, I set it up so the colored triangles pointed to the right, with the orange row across the top, but when Janet-Lee set it up, she turned the quilt on its side, like this.

Either way is fine, of course, but it's always interesting to see my work through somebody else's eyes.


If you would like to make a scrap slabs quilt of your own, you can get my tutorial here, at my Etsy shop. It's an instant download, so you can get started right away.

3 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

How great that you were able to see the start to finish process!

Vicki in MN said...

I just ran across your triangle slabs on Pinterest and had to come check it out! Very cool!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Great choice of quilting design, and quilter! Glad you got it back right away.