Sunday, August 5, 2018

Holiday in the Heat


I picked up a few quilts from Janet Lee over the weekend. Janet Lee added snowflakes in various parts of the Holiday Quilt. I had told her "I hate cute," and to avoid anything cutesy like Santas and reindeer. She did it just right.

Since I had made the binding for this quilt ahead of time, I was able to get started right away.


 Now all I have to do is hand sew the binding down.

I took it outside to take a picture of it (in the HOT sun on the HOT pavement) even though it has about six million pins still in it.

Jet lag is a tough thing to get over the older you get, and I'm still recovering, but I have five quilts to bind so it will be nice to sit on the couch and "watch" tennis on TV while I do them. The weather is supposed to be really hot for the next several days, so it will also be a comfortable place to be.

3 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

She did a terrific job on those snowflakes!!

Dorothy said...

Love it. Is there a pattern?

Ann said...

Darling holiday quilt. I like the pom-pom dotting your i and that you included a few of your delightful birds. Congratulations.