Sunday, August 19, 2018

Dog Days

It's been hot, humid and uncomfortable since I got back from California three weeks ago. I've been out of sorts, so I've been relaxing. I've sewn the binding on two quilts, have another one ready to go, and have two more to do. That's all well and good, but it isn't exactly inspiring and not particularly motivating. After all, hand sewing binding down on a quilt is about as routine as it gets.


In the usual "pick-up-the-pencil" mode, I knew I had to do SOMETHING, so I went into the (still messy) studio, picked up a few scraps lying around and made this bird. He hasn't got a story and isn't inspired by a real person or a color story I've seen, but this is a start.

To what, I don't know, but I've got to get back into the studio, and this is a step.


If you want to make your own free pieced birds, you can get my tutorial here. It's an instant download so you can get started right away.

5 comments:

Nancy J said...

those tall legs will take you somewhere. Each one of your birds has its own personality, even one by itself.

Ann said...

Good for you for getting the quilts finished.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I hear you loud and clear. Glad to see you did some sewing -- the bird is bound to move you forward!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Binding one quilt is all the patience I have - binding always makes me think of the next project I want to start. Good for you for getting two done, and two almost there!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

My Daily Bird is hanging in the show right now, so this was a welcome reminder that the end of the month is coming and I need to make arrangements to get it back! LOL