Sunday, August 12, 2018

Binding Jigsaw Puzzle

This is the scrappy mini slashed squares quilt I made last June and the backing I selected for it. It has been quilted, and I had to figure out what to use for the binding. Thing was, I didn't want to buy fabric if I didn't have to, so I poked around through my stash. I wanted a fabric that was multi-colored, to reflect the scrappiness of the top, and I also wanted it to look good with the backing. I decided the blue fish fabric I used as backing for Treasure Trove would fit the bill.

So I prepared that fabric and started to sew it to the quilt.


Regular readers know I sew my binding to the back of my quilts, and do my hand sewing down on the front.

I've got it all pinned and now it is ready for me to hand sew it down.

Yup, I think this is going to look just great.



The Slashed Squares quilt is a quilt that goes together very quickly and looks great made from scraps. You can get my tutorial to make this quilt here, at my Etsy shop. It's an instant download so you can get started right away.


2 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Terrific use for the fish ... great quilt in the making.

Ann said...

I wouldn't have thought of using the fish fabric for binding but it looks great. And I have your backing fabric in green. It's always a treat to see someone else using the same fabric I have. Congratulations on a fun finish.