Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Tuesday Toss Up


This is a view of the short side of the Sparkling Winkel quilt, showing how the backing fabric looks like it rolls over and surrounds that end of the quilt. I am really happy I didn't go with the light blue.



This is Marie's barn. Marie took the Barns class at QT in February and worked all day on the main part of this barn, then took it home and added the side shed, the overlapping trees on either side, the wavy sky and all the other details. I think she knocked it right out of the park. This barn is OUTSTANDING, especially for her first one!


A friend of my gave me a gift certificate to Home Goods for Christmas, and I finally got around to spending it. I bought this summery wreath for my front door. Gosh, I'm tired of winter.


This is the maintenance building of the community I live in. I was taking beauty shots of the Snow Day quilt when I turned to the right and really saw it. It isn't a barn, but I like it a lot.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I really like how Marie handled the sky in her barn quilt. Really interesting without overwhelming the barn.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Quiltdivajulie said...

Fantastic free pieced student barn!!!!! I love your wreath - especially right now during drab season. Cool building, too.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Marie's barn is da bomb. Looking forward to your maintenance shed piece.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

fabulous for a first barn! she definitely has the touch for sure