Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Glorious Four Patch Possibilities

I did tell Julie to find "Spring-y" colors for the four patch diamonds on her Glorious quilt. I felt a lot of the ones she picked were too wimpy. We had the chat that had her scurrying around her studio pulling fabrics while I was at the car dealership getting my car maintained, so I couldn't pull fabrics from my stash and send her photos.



When I got home I pulled these, which are bright but not too bright. I do, however, understand that my definition of "bright" may be different from yours. (LOL) Yes, that flowered fabric underneath my selection is the same fabric as one of the prints Julie and I selected for her quilt, which made my selections a bit easier.

I have absolutely no idea what kinds of fabrics will work for the medium sized diamonds, but I've thrown a bunch of possibilities into a pile on my design table, and we'll see what the quilt wants.

At any rate, there is a lot of work that has to happen before I make those decisions. The fabric hasn't arrived yet, and the first thing I will do is cut out the giant diamonds and arrange them on the design wall. I absolutely cannot wait, and am cleaning my studio so I will be ready!

No comments: