Saturday, February 3, 2018

The Nine

In the end, I used nine big prints for the big diamonds in the pink quilt.

Love these bright gigantic butterflies.

I love Phillip Jacobs.

This big paisley was a kind of a gamble. It's really an orangey-coral, but it has enough pink in it to get the idea across.

I've had this fabric for years. I love it. During that time I have cut into it. Parts of it are in at least three quilts, although I originally bought it to make pillowcases for my bed.


I wasn't sure when I bought this at Quilted Threads last weekend if it would work, but the diamonds are the same shape as the ones in the quilt, so YEAH!

This is another fabric I have had for a long time. Bits of it are in several quilts, including the Jewel Box Diamond quilt.

 
This is another fabric I've had in my stash for a long time. I've always loved Phalaenopsis Orchids.


This is the fabric I used for the back of the Easter Basket tumbler quilt I made last year. Funny how butterflies and moths are such a strong motif in this quilt.

Ahhh... Another big Phillip Jacobs print.

So here is the final layout of the big diamonds, and yes, the ones on the floor count.  Why do all these big bold fabrics work together? Well, in addition to pink, many also have turquoise, purple, yellow and orange. They work together because I don't have all the busy ones jammed next to each other, and because I've worked to distribute the light and dark ones pretty well.

When I sent my friend Mary this photo she wrote back, "Ooooh, very pretty. If dining room tables could salivate, your floor would be wet by now..."

Um, wow.

2 comments:

Melody A. said...

Gorgeous!! and I agree with your friend! it is going to be so vibrant and pretty on your table! Happy Sewing from Iowa!

Quiltdivajulie said...

You do the most amazing things with a pile of fabrics!