Monday, December 11, 2017

Colorado Quilt Book

Many of you asked if I would send my brother and his wife the inspiration photos for the Colorado Quilt. I did one better. I made a booklet, because although I know what each bird represents, my brother and his wife wouldn't have any way of knowing that.

I created a power point presentation.

Each page had the inspiration photo,

 the bird that I made as a result, 

and a little story about what attracted me to it.

Even the things that weren't birds.

The booklet is 61 pages long and includes every bird, chicken, butterfly and flower in the quilt. It also includes the barn and a few other comments. I printed it in color then brought it to Staples to have it bound. I'll be mailing it to my brother and my SIL along with their Christmas present. 

And yes, of course I made a copy for myself.


11 comments:

Nancy J said...

Oh My!! I'm lost for words, and that so rarely happens.This is so thoughtful, full of love the same as the quilt, and if this is a surprise for them, it will be the best one ever.

Dorothy said...

You are so cool-----would you like to be my "sister/SIL"?

Poppy Q said...

Awesome. Is grey poppy bird in your book too?

scrapbagfran@gmail.com said...

I was really hoping that you would do a book for them. The color inspiration stories were priceless. I think they will love and appreciate the quilt even more when they have all the stories that go with the quilt. What an absolute treasure you are!!!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Perfect companion gift for that amazing quilt. Any chance this booklet will be offered in your Etsy shop? Talk about how to understand someone's thought process. :-)

Pat said...

Perfect!

Ann said...

What a wonderful idea. Highlighting the process in this thoughtful book is a great complement to the quilt gift.

Linda Schiffer said...

What a GREAT documentation idea! I am filing this one for keepers - can use it for my gifting quilts, fer shure.

Thanks!

:) Linda

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

What a great idea to include the story of each of the blocks!

Janice Smith said...

What a wonderful idea!!!!!! It will add another whole level of richness to the quil.t

Susan A said...

Fantastic idea....the book is a lovely complement to your wonderful quilt