Friday, June 30, 2017

In Pieces

 
I've been sewing the blocks of the Dark Majesty quilt together. Since two edges of each block are on the bias, I have to be very careful, and when a row is done, I lay it on the floor until I sew it to another row. What is on the floor now is in two big sections. 


This is what is left on the wall. The lowest long diagonal row is sewn together, but the rest isn't. I will sew the big chunks together and then it will move the the floor in the living room. I want to make this quilt wider, and to do that I need to extend some of the rows, and I don't have room on the design wall.  

I hope to have this top sewn together by the Fourth of July. Wimbledon starts next week, and I have bindings to sew on two quilts, and I will be picking up two more from the longarm quilter in the next couple of weeks, so I'll be quite busy. 

Somewhere in there I will start making another bird quilt for my brother and SIL. More about that later.

5 comments:

Nancy J said...

Dark Majesty, beautiful settings you have arranged, and the name fits to a Diamond T.

Pat said...

Looking good. If it has to go on the floor for completion, it isn't in my playbook. :D

Ann said...

I'm so glad someone else does that, too. Keeping the rows straight in order is the hardest part for me.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Gorgeous -- I really love this version!

Mary J said...

I would love for you to demo how you make your birds!!!