- Thoughts on Art, Creativity & Inspiration
- Good Stories
- Red Letter Alphabet
- Free Pieced Houses
- Lynne Tyler Word Quilts ~2009 - 2010
- Lynne Tyler Word Quilts ~ 2011
- Lynne Tyler Quilts ~ 2012
- Lynne Tyler Quilts ~ 2013
- Lynne Tyler Quilts ~ 2014
- Lynne Tyler 2015-2016 Quilts
- Lynne Tyler Quilts - 2017
- Not Yet Quilted
- Quilts & Their Owners
- Couch, Bed & Table Quilts
- Doll Swap Quilts
- Gizzy Quilts
- My Studio
- Details, Details & More Organization Stuff
Tuesday, May 16, 2017
Binding the Digital Pinwheels
Sometimes the painted whites are very thick and stiff to sew through, like these dots on the Yellow Green block. It can be slow going. As you can see, I am using another WOW for the binding. With the square shapes on the binding echoing the square blocks on this square quilt, I thought it was an appropriate choice.
The Digital Pinwheel design is from the book "Modern Neutrals" by Amy Ellis.
You can read more about the quilt here, and here, and here, and here, and here, and here, and here.
***A twelve tone color wheel is comprised of these hues: Red, Red Violet, Violet, Blue Violet, Blue, Blue Green, Green, Yellow Green, Yellow, Yellow Orange, Orange, Red Orange.