- Thoughts on Art, Creativity & Inspiration
- Good Stories
- Red Letter Alphabet
- Free Pieced Houses
- Lynne Tyler Word Quilts ~2009 - 2010
- Lynne Tyler Word Quilts ~ 2011
- Lynne Tyler Quilts ~ 2012
- Lynne Tyler Quilts ~ 2013
- Lynne Tyler Quilts ~ 2014
- Lynne Tyler 2015-2016 Quilts
- Lynne Tyler Quilts - 2017
- Not Yet Quilted
- Quilts & Their Owners
- Couch, Bed & Table Quilts
- Doll Swap Quilts
- Gizzy Quilts
- My Studio
- Details, Details & More Organization Stuff
Friday, March 17, 2017
On The Table
"I'd keep it too," most of them have replied.
The idea for this quilt came a little over a year ago when I was talking to my friend Julie and I told her I wanted to make a red and white quilt for my table to use in February, as an homage to Valentine's Day. I didn't have enough reds then, and didn't have any idea of a design. When I don't know where I'm going, I don't just jump in. I set the idea aside to germinate and grow. The idea percolated in the back of my head until August and September, when I finally got fabric and got going.
I remember when I was making it and I just wasn't sure it was working at all. Check out this post, and this one, when I finally got it. I didn't give up, I didn't settle. I just kept pushing. I knew there was a great quilt in there somewhere.
Now it's in great company. Literally!