Monday, February 6, 2017

New England Patriots are Super Bowl Champs!


Maybe you don't know, but I am a big fan of the New England Patriots. I've watched the Pats since the 1970's, and I was watching the game in 2001 when Tom Brady took over for Drew Bledsoe.

I've watched faithfully ever since. Four Super Bowl wins, two heartbreaking Super Bowl losses. Last night it looked to be another loss as we were down 21-3 at halftime. The Pats were down 25 points, but they came back to tie the game and then win in overtime, 34-28.

I was so full of nervous energy all day on Sunday I couldn't even sew. I puttered around the house, baking bread and a lemon pound cake, doing the laundry, the checkbook, and that kind of stuff. I even bought an official Tom Brady #12 jersey. (yeah, I know.)

Now the Patriots (whom Millie calls "the guys named Pat") have won more Super Bowls than anybody else, and although we in New England have long thought we have the best quarterback ever, now the whole world knows.

9 comments:

sandra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sandra said...

I know absolutely nothing about football(I'm an Aussie) but I was hoping they would win for your sake, and Millie's!!!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Frank watched a bit of it, but when NCIS et al came on, we switched. It is that One Tiny TV thing right now, you know. At some point, a message came across my iPad that said it went into overtime. He switched just in time to see them win!

Janet said...

What a game. I am so happy for Brady and the team. They deserve the win. Best game ever.

Quiltdivajulie said...

It was a nail-biter ... Happy it ended the way it did.

Hilda said...

I use your bread recipe quite frequently. Do you have a favorite recipe for lemon pound cake that you can share?

Janice Smith said...

What a game!!! Fourth quarter with six minutes to go , the score was 28 to 12. At this moment, I'm watching a rerun of the game on the NFL network. My stomach was in such a knot throughout the game last night.; it's much more fun the second time. ;-) i am so happy for Tom Brady and the boys. They did their jobs!!!

Unknown said...

The Pats have been my 2nd team ever since we saw them play in the early 70s (Sorry, but my hometown Boys will always have first place in my heart!) -- what a nail biter!!!!!! Even watched it in a house full of Falcons fans . . . Boy! Were they ever eating crow after the 4th quarter!!! THOROUGHLY enjoyed the game . . . just wish they'd put it in the can a little earlier next time!!! (lynnstck[at]yahoo.com)

Millie said...

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall for that fourth quarter!!!