Sunday, December 18, 2016

Deco Rose Beauty Shots

I'd been waiting for the weekend to take beauty shots of the Deco Rose quilt because I needed to take photos in daylight. Alas, the weather report for the weekend was snow and rain.

Wait a minute... SNOW? That could be very good. Nothing to detract from the colors in the quilt, and nice, even light.

Here it is at the base of the grasses that border my driveway.

 Here it is hanging on the railing next to the shed in the back yard.

Here it is next to the side door. I showed this one to my Mom and she said, "Oh, you have to get rid of the shovel.."  And I said, "Actually, no, you need the yellow." You can see a bit of the pink door too.

It was snowing quite heavily while I was taking these pictures. The snow was fine and dry, but it was amazing how little time it took to make a layer of snow on the quilt and change the color, as in the photo above. I kept having to pick up the quilt and shake it out.

This photo was taken after I shook the snow off the quilt.  How much snow?

Here's a close up.


 At the end of the day, this photo is my favorite. There is snow accumulating in this one, you can compare it to one of the photos above to see how much.

I'm really happy I got to take beauty shots of this quilt in the snow, as it will never see snow in the City of Angels. But there was one last picture I had to take...

 A picture of the quilt in front of my house. Now my granddaughter can look at the quilt and know where it came from!

With snow.


9 comments:

Dorothy said...

Too cool---and I'm not just talking about the snow pictures

Megan said...

Fabulous pics.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

That last one Is my favorite

Cherie in St Louis said...

Your quilts so deserve beauty shots.....Julie's a great influence:). Deco Rose is a gorgeous quilt for your beautiful Little Miss.

Pat said...

I love them all. Such a pretty quilt for such a pretty little girl.

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

I'm loving your beauty shots, and snow was the perfect background to make the colors sing!

Just Ducky said...

At some point Little Miss will need to come and visit during the winter to experience snow with Grandma!

Camp Stanhope Happenings said...

Love that it's for your granddaughter. Also love that the Laurel Burch fabric shows in a couple of the pictures (backing). I LOVE Laurel Burch designs.

Mari said...

Great beauty shots! Put that last photo in a frame for your Little Miss to keep in her room to remind her of your place! Merry Christmas!