Tuesday, December 27, 2016

2 by 2

When it comes to sewing these blocks together, I have been taking the easy route. I pick two blocks, take them off the wall and sew them together. Then I pick the next two, and so on and so on and so on. Not very energy efficient, but it doesn't matter. I want each block oriented in a specific way, and doing it this way ensures I get the look I want.

I got home after the Christmas festivities and went right into the sewing studio and got started. After I while I made a sandwich for dinner and then went back to work. Now the top half of the quilt is sewn together, and I will likely finish the rest in the next day or so.

Now I am thinking about which of the several ideas I have for variations on this theme I will work on next.

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

I am working on a 16-patch from "leader/ender" scraps and I do my rows the same way--2 at a time, put on the wall, 2 at a time, put on the wall, and so on. Then I do 2 + 2 = 4 blocks together, and so on. It is time consuming, but all of the blocks end up going in the direction I want them to go. And then I end up loving my new quilt from scraps

Ann said...

Sewing without regrets (or ripping.) It's good to be back in the sewing room.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I am going to sew scraps together this afternoon -- hoping to get lost in the process for a while.

Mary Ellen said...

I like this very much. No apologies needed for how you sewed this together. I often construct a quilt this way for the very same reason you do. I enjoy the process and prefer going slower rather than reverse sewing.