When it comes to sewing these blocks together, I have been taking the easy route. I pick two blocks, take them off the wall and sew them together. Then I pick the next two, and so on and so on and so on. Not very energy efficient, but it doesn't matter. I want each block oriented in a specific way, and doing it this way ensures I get the look I want.
I got home after the Christmas festivities and went right into the sewing studio and got started. After I while I made a sandwich for dinner and then went back to work. Now the top half of the quilt is sewn together, and I will likely finish the rest in the next day or so.
Now I am thinking about which of the several ideas I have for variations on this theme I will work on next.