Monday, November 7, 2016

Triangle Scrap Slab Magic



OK, so you have scraps, and you sew them into slabs.

 And you lay your template on it, and you say, "DAMMIT." But fear not, just remember these words:

 "If it's too big, cut it off, and if it's too small, just add to it." Here I've lopped a chunk off the top and added it to the side.

 And see those extra triangular bits on each side? You can put those to good use too.

although you may have to hunt for them...

YES!!! OMG, am I having fun with these! Not only is it great fun clearing out the little scrap bins, but making these scrappy triangles is fun.

15 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

These are terrific! I have slabs of fabric sewn together that I add to and this would be so great to do.

diane said...

Such loveliness!

Pat said...

These are really fun!

Teresa Rawson said...

I love the idea of your scrappy, slabby triangles. I have always loved the idea of "made" fabric, especially when organized around one color...so cool! Your Grand Prismatic is outstanding!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I adore making fabric like this. Your colors are delicious!!

Ann said...

What a wonderful way to use the scraps. I like that you made a slab then cut the template. It adds more movement to the quilt.

Marie said...

This is brilliant! Just love your colours too.

Adele said...

This came out great - love your idea. Your triangles look quite large but maybe they aren't - what size are they?

KelliZ said...

These are just so yummy!!!! Great idea for scraps.

Unknown said...

Brilliant! And Gorgeous!

Shirley said...

Wow! Glad I saw this...new years project idea are rumbling. Thank you for your post to Pinterest. Happy Holiday's to you and yours.

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

This is fabulous! I love your idea and it will turn into a fabulous quilt. What a great scrappy project.

Lauriemac said...

I just love scrappy quilts! If I had an endless supply of scraps, it's all I would make. Thank you for the inspiration!

Lauriemac said...

I just love scrappy quilts! If I had an endless supply of scraps, it's all I would make. Thank you for the inspiration!

BarbaraSWFL said...

Light bulbs are going off in my brain...I’m always looking for workshop ideas for my guild’s Love Quilts. This would be a big winner!