Thursday, August 25, 2016

Pink Deco & Herself

The idea for the Blue (and now Pink) Deco quilts came from this book:

Colorful Quilts for Fabric Lovers



There are two blocks, and each finish out at six inches square. So, the first block is three strips 2-1/2" x 6-1/2" sewn together with a 1/4" seam.  The second block has a 2-1/2" square sewn to a 2-1/2" x 4-1/2" strip and this is sewn between two 2-1/2" x 6-1/2" strips. 

The two blocks are alternated throughout the quilt. The quilt is most effective with a lot of fabrics. Blue Deco has something like 50 - 80 different fabrics.The pink version will be a smaller quilt, obviously, although I haven't decided how big (or small) yet, and I haven't counted the different fabrics.

And this is the lady herself, napping comfortably in her (other) grandmother's arms.



6 comments:

Steven said...

So glad to hear she's doing well now. Scary beyond words when things happen to our loved ones, especially the young ones. We're still waiting on our new bundle of joy. But, he's not due until Friday, technically. Love the quilt pattern too. What a good way to use up a lot of scraps.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hi Lynne
Your granddaughter is beautiful. I'm so happy for you because I consider being a "Bamma" is one of the greatest Blessings bestowed on me.

I love this deco quilt pattern. As a person that has just learned how to piece blocks, I would love to use your pattern as one of the first quilts that I sew, though it may be a long time because I'm not sure I can come up with that many different fabrics right now. I think you designed this pattern so I thought I should ask your permission first.
xx, Carol

Pat said...

Love all those pinks! Baby girl looks so sweet.

June said...

Your new granddaughter is so beautiful! She does not look like a "newborn". She looks comfortable and healthy! And of course, I always admire your quilts and MILLIE! June in NC

Anonymous said...

Oh Lynn, you are all so blessed, such a beautiful baby, she is exquisite. Those pinks are going to make a beautiful quilt. Marie from Western Australia

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wow, she looks so different from the first photos! She looks so healthy. The pink blocks look so vibrant and happy.