Monday, May 2, 2016

Birds Coming Home!

Chris sent me this sneak peek of the quilting on my birds quilt, Flight of Fancy. It's due home today and to say I am excited is a vast understatement.

I never tell Chris how to quilt my quilts. Even she didn't know what she was going to do on this quilt. Fortunately, Chris waits until the quilt tells her what it wants.  Smart quilt.

This is an in-progress photo.
Chris brought the quilt to a local quilt group (to show it off) and one of the ladies there remarked about the pair of upside down birds. She thought they might be from Australia.  But Julie, who was also there, told the real story about these two are teenagers making out, unaware of how socially unacceptable their behavior really is.

 Hmm.  Do you think Julie liked the quilt?

I'm ready for the quilt when it gets here. I've made the binding and the hanging sleeve.


12 comments:

Megan said...

No, not from Australia. Down Under we breed 'em much bigger and brighter than that: just think emu or cassowary! LOL

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Pat said...

It's gorgeous!

Judy in Michigan said...

Wonderful!! Love the upside down birds and the quilting is awesome!!

NeverBored said...

Love the bird quilt!!! and the binding/sleeve fabric is awesome! So appropriate. Making your birds is on my bucket list; I keep setting aside interesting wing fabric for that day. You are such an inspiration for me!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Excited comes no where near close to how you will feel when you open up this quilt . . . pretty sure I will hear your squeals of joy 1200 miles away.

Unknown said...

What is a hanging sleeve?? (Obviously I am not a quilter.)

Linda Schiffer said...

I found your blog from the Barn hop. What fun I have just had, reading your last 25posts. So interesting to get a first witness look at New Hampshire (I live in Maryland now and grew up in the south).

I love your quilts - especially the birds one. 🙂

Linda

starsthatblaze said...

How do you ship your quilts? Priority mail? Registered? Do you worry about their safety?

Liz said...

Oooooooo !!! Can't wait to learn these birds in 12 days !!!! Hope you are bringing this one to show off

Jackie said...

It's gorgeous and the quilting really finishes it off. I love your binding choice.

Millie said...

Liz - You bet!

lindaroo said...

Oh Em Gee! The quilting is amazing, and the perfect match to these artistic aves! The most fantastic spirals, feathers, loops and whirls, wow!