Friday, April 15, 2016

Baby Snaps


I've decided I liked Ola Pola so much that I would make a baby quilt using the same pattern. I'll be using lights with brighter, bigger prints. Here are the lights I've selected, all cut out. 


This is the inspiration for Ola Pola. I rejiggered the size of the blocks, and in Ola Pola I didn't like the solid blocks, so I broke them up too. 


Like this.  Since we don't know if the baby will be a boy or a girl, I will be using blue and yellow instead of the orange and the pink. And I'll definitely have accent colors too, probably purple and oranges (compliments of yellow and blue) and whatever else looks good.

The baby quilt will be a bit livelier (duh!) but I want that. Now I am really excited about this quilt. It won't be big - about five blocks across by seven high, which works out to about 30" x 42" or so, so it will go together quick once I get the pieces cut.

Can't wait!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Yaaay - looking forward to seeing more.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Nancy J said...

I do like all the fabrics you have cut, and the design alteration. Those solids are too heavy in my opinion. And for a baby quilt, lovely idea to alter the original pattern.