Thursday, February 18, 2016

More Black & White Slashed Squares

The idea of a black and white slashed squares quilt has been on my mind for a few days. I have the fabric, and I've cut the strips for all the blocks I need, as you saw on Saturday.

But, you know me. I don't "do" normal. I want to push the idea around a bit. After a bit of thought, I figured out a way to do just that.

I'm going to make blocks of both sizes, all in black and white. Now, I have no idea how I'd arrange these blocks, but that's not a problem I need to worry about now. I can figure that out after I've made the blocks.

In the meantime, I can have some fun making blocks.

And if this idea doesn't work, I'm not above pushing it around a bit more.


8 comments:

Nancy J said...

I can see lots of slashes, this looks like it will fun to make

suzanne, dutchess county NY said...

Fun!

Pat said...

Well I love the ones you have so far. I'm a black and white junky so that makes sense. :D

Anonymous said...

The cool part of doing something the standard way a few (or more) times is that you know exactly what is going to happen. So when you deviate from the standard, and go off into unknown territory you're much more likely to find something good waiting for you. Hubby tells me that is why in art school, you have to prove you can DO realism even if you never want to do it again.

Tine said...

This is going to be great! I love all the black and white :-)

Sylvia Anderson said...

This is something I've been thinking about for quite awhile now and I'm so happy to see that you're taking the plunge first, so that I can see first hand how these blocks will look in black and white. Love the fabrics and can't wait to see how it all goes together. Have fun slashing!!! lv2bquilting2@domcast.net

Megan said...

Looking good so far Lynne.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Judy in Michigan said...

Congratulations!!!! How exciting for you. That baby will have a quilt for every month for every year of his or her young life!!