Monday, November 23, 2015

Thanksgiving Countdown...


My Thanksgiving preparations are well underway. The house is clean, the serving dishes are ready, the menu is set and much of the shopping has been done. If you want to know more details, you'll have to visit my cat Millie's blog. She spills all my secrets.

It's funny. I'll meet quilters and they'll say, "I know all about you! I read your blog." And I ask them if they read Millie. "Well, no," they admit.  "In that case, you don't know all about me."

Right now Millie's nose is out of joint. I've got the table covered with Thanksgiving stuff and I've been moving stuff around for the big celebration. (Happiest news to date: weather should be partly sunny and temps in the 50F range! Whee!!! Remember last year?)
 

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Looks like a yummy meal. I was looking at Millie's page last evening ......you've been very busy! But it will pay off when the big day comes and you can be more relaxed and have fun with your family. So often, I wait until the last minute and then am pooped when company comes. Maybe Millie needs to be reminded that there might be some giblets or leftover turkey to nibble on.
Have a Happy!

Pat said...

What?!! Not read Millie's blog? Unthinkable. She does, after all, spill all your secrets. :D You look well prepared for the big day.

Nancy J said...

Millie has her own way with words.What a spread, and weather is good so far.Enjoy.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh, that Millie . . . love that she is hard at work snoopervising!

Megan said...

I'm concerned for Millie - she's been pushed out of her favourite baffing zone. Mind you, I noticed that she's perched herself immediately next to the dish marked 'turkey' - don't tell me that that cat can't read! I think she's cleverer than we all give her credit for.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Just Ducky said...

I'm a cat, of course I read all about Miss Millie. But why am I reading a quilting blog? Oh yeah, I have one of your cute quilts of my very own! Love it.

Lija said...

How are you going to be doing your turkey, re cutting out backbone.