Sunday, October 25, 2015

Snaps 5

I really don't know why I'm pressing all these seams open. I usually press everything to one side. I guess it's a holdover from the Diamonds quilt where I pressed everything open.

This is going mighty quick. I've already got four row of blocks sewn together.

I guess I'm going to have to come up with another quilt to use up my creams. Hmmm...

Maybe this in creams with brights as the crossbars? Kind like a "regular" version of the Red Sticks quilt... Hmm. Will have to think about that...

4 comments:

Nancy J said...

Super ironing table, and I do like the blue quilt pattern. I thought I had a huge stash, but with 3 projects on the go, have had to buy some batiks.

Megan said...

I have pressing my seams open for some years and can't imagine any reason for going back to pressing to one side. I like the fact that the quilt lies very flat and I do not believe that the seams are any weaker than they would be if pressed to one side.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Quiltdivajulie said...

LIKE that idea for the creams -- and I have started pressing seams open on the scrappiest quilts since I don't know which will fit with what later (no nesting plans).

Pat said...

While I'm not at all fond of pressing seams open (burnt fingers!) it does make it a lot easier if you are sure where something will be located in the top. Really like the crossroads pattern ... that should work really well with your creams. You are on fire this week!